Thursday, November 23, 2017

Portfolio Revamp

I've spent the day revamping my portfolio, and more specifically my portfolio website. As of now, the page is hosted on the free web server provided by scad, and the domain was purchased through go daddy to have a more memorable URL.

I created the website using adobe Dreamweaver, it is my first foray into html website design, and i think what I've learned can prove very useful on future projects. Honestly i managed to pick up html very easily, i like the setup of having CSS to handle every thing to do with style, and html handling the layout of elements. My main focus for my website were as follows:
  • Full control over layout and design
  • Sleek but not flashy design
  • Smooth page transitions
  • Integration of Blogger
  • Responsive design, working on tablet, mobile, and PC
Dreamweaver proved useful as it organizes information quickly and easily for you, provides a live preview, and has some useful pre-constructed page elements. I looked over a few Lynda tutorials, but after a while i got a handle of it. One of the more interesting problem solutions i found was that i wanted to integrate my blog directly into my portfolio. Now, if i was feeling lazy, i would just link to the blogger hosted webpage. However, what i ended up doing was to embed the entire blogger page using an Iframe without scrolling. After that i went into my blogger page, wich lets you directly edit the html, and removed the title, links, and top bar from its source code; Leaving behind only the blog posts in a very simplified format. Now whenever i update my blog, those posts can be viewed on my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment